Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Week 3 - Half Way Through the MTC

Hola todas mis Familia y Amigos;

Week 3 in the MTC is complete and it feels like each day is moving quicker.  Spanish is still difficult and I am striving each day to become a little bit better. Each day, I feel the strength of the Lord in my life as I feel his spirit helping me and carrying me through the rough days. A foreign MTC isn’t easy, having Spanish around you all day long is hard. But, it is so well worth it. I love being a missionary, it is a blessing to be a representative of my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ each and every single day. I love this gospel and I testify with all my heart that it is true. The Savior lives, this is his church, and I am one of his missionaries. I am so proud to represent him!

So this week was pretty much the same hahaha, nothing really changes all that much from day to day but let me tell you about a few of my experiences from the week.
  • Last Wednesday I bought a Quechuan Book of Mormon at the Distribution Center. Quechuan is the native language of the Incan people and is spoken by a number of people in Cusco. So, over the course of the next two years, I hope to pick up a little of it. I am sending a picture of it so you can see how crazy it is. The words are all like 10 plus words long hahaha and I can hardly speak Spanish so I am praying that I don’t need to know a whole lot of Quechuan.
  • So these past few weeks, my right ear has been hurting like crazy. So I went to the doctor and I found out that I had some sort of funky infection… So I have been taking ear drops and it’s getting better hahaha… I need all the hearing I can get so I can pick up this Spanish!
  • Sunday my comp was super sick. We went to sacrament meeting but he had to leave a few times and I had to run out after him to help take care of him. Then he just slept and I did all I could to take care of him. I offered many prayers on his behalf and he was better by the next day for the most part, no more throw up!
  • This week I just wanna say that the gift of tongues is real. There have been so many times this week where words have been brought to my remembrance. It has truly been incredible and I pray for more experiences with it.
  • This Saturday we are going on splits with the missionaries in the Lima West Mission. We are going to do a little bit of proselyting with them so I am thrilled for it.
  • This past week was Peru’s Independence Day, so it was cool because we got to eat some unusual dishes… I couldn’t tell you what they were because I honestly have no idea. But they were delicious so I am thrilled to have some more once I get out in the field. That’s pretty much it for this week. I love you all and miss you all so much. I testify that with Jesus Christ, all things are possible if you have faith in him.
Love

Elder Fawcett


Peru Temple

Selfie with the Peru Temple