Monday, June 11, 2018

Week 100 - With Tear Filled Eyes

Hola,


Well what a crazy week it was! Honestly it couldn’t have gone any better! We had Karina´s baptism on Saturday and it was honestly very spiritual. But it was also a very stressful day because the water heater thing that heats the water in the baptismal font in our Church broke. After looking at it I determined that one of the parts had burned out and not knowing where to get a new one, we were forced to have the baptism at another church. Although it was a scramble trying to get everything ready, we were blessed to have everything end perfectly. My favorite part of the entire baptism was at the end, Karina shared her testimony and talked about all of the difficulties she had gone through during the week leading up to Saturday. With friends telling her she was crazy and trying to persuade her away from the decision, siblings telling her that she was making a bad decision, and many other things that occurred to her during the week. She shared how she had felt our Heavenly Fathers Spirit and knew that she was making the decision that he wanted her to make. It was a very spiritual day and also a very difficult one for me, knowing that she will be the last person I have the privilege of helping to make a covenant with our Heavenly Father during my mission.

On Saturday we also had a Multi-Zone Conference with President which was also the last that I will have during my mission. With it being my last, I also had the opportunity to share my testimony with all of the other members of my group that were present. Although it was hard, it was a great time for me to reflect upon the things that I have been able to learn during my mission and also see how much I have grown up as well.

My Companion and I are still working hard in our area and although I have a short time left, I want to leave him in the best way I can with a lot of people to teach and people who will eventually be baptized into the Ward. This week we found a great family who is struggling a lot with marital problems and problems with disobedient children. We had a small family night with them and the spirit was very strong and we were able to not only help them feel the need to draw nearer to our Heavenly Father but also help them to resolve a few family issues that they were facing as well.

Today for P-day we visited various random ruins around the city of Puno and I can now officially say I have seen every ruin that there is to see here in my mission between Cusco and Puno it has been incredible to learn a lot about the Incan Empire and also learn quite a bit of their 2 languages, Aymara and Quechua along with Spanish during the mission. It was also interesting to visit an ancient Catholic Cathedral that is the place where many of the Incans living in the area were forced to attend church and if not, then put to death. After entering, it reminded me of how much the world needs missionaries to help declare the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and also help clear up much of the confusion that exists in the world.

In closing, I also want to share an experience I had on Sunday. President gave me permission to attend my very First area´s (Inca Pachacutec Ward) Sacrament meeting and this Sunday I was able to visit. As I entered the Ward, I was immediately greeted by members and as the meeting started more members began to enter and immediately I recognized the converts that I was able to teach and help enter into the waters of baptism during my time. As the meeting commenced, the Bishop recognized me and invited me to come to the pulpit to share my testimony. As I did so, I stood and immediately tears came to my eyes as I stood where I had several months ago when I could not even speak Spanish yet. As I looked out I saw the faces of every single one of the converts and realized that every single one of them is still active and going strong, while at the same time seeing numerous people that we had contacted but never been able to baptize with my Trainer and other Companions in the area. Tears filled my eyes as I realized that all though it was difficult at times, the Lord had used me as his hands to help bring those who were prepared to his Restored Gospel. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. The only Church upon the face of the planet that offers us the chance to one day return to the presence of our Heavenly Father again. The Gospel brings the happiness that so many are looking for. I am grateful for the people I have had the chance to see receive the Lords Gospel and to see the change in their hearts and their souls as they begin to accept the Savior and his atonement into their lives. Missionary work extends to so much more than simply teaching and baptizing. Loving others as the Savior did is the key to true happiness and I know that if we do so he will use us to bless the lives of his chosen. I love you all and pray you have a great week.

Love,


Elder Fawcett


Karina's Baptism








Elder Fawcett and Karina










Members with Karina










Welcome to the Ward












Kevin and His Mom
Kevin is a Teacher Now!












Still Has His Chickens
.








Jhon Still Going Strong and Got the Melchizedek Priesthood














Inca Pachacutec Young Men's President










First Ward Mission Leader













We Will See These Elders in 2 Weeks!








Shores of Lake Titicaca












Last Zone Jersey












Top of Puno











Outskirts of Puno








Historic Catholic Church







.













Inside the Cathedral













Ceiling









Where they Worship












Holy Water!