Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 11 - My First Baptism

Hola, 

Este semana fue lo maximo! I had a ton of absolutely amazing experiences, but the best was the blessed opportunity to baptize my very first person! My companion and I have been helping teach these 2 twin boys named Eduardo and Fernando who are 14 years old. They have had a VERY difficult life! They live with their Mom who also has two other young sons. She’s raised all 4 boys by herself because they father was VERY abusive! He was so abusive that now she doesn’t have any TEETH! They currently live with their uncle who also isn’t a very kind person. But nonetheless they are a happy family.

I was surprised when Eduardo asked me to baptize him... I just didn’t expect it. But of course I accepted the opportunity and on Saturday my companion and I baptized the 2 twins! It was incredible! My companion was first and he baptized Fernando. Next, I baptized Eduardo and it was truly an incredible experience as I uttered the baptismal prayer in Spanish. It truly is a blessing to be a holder of his Priesthood! The baptism went well and I have honestly never seen those two boys smiled so much! They are really shy but they sure were happy!

On Sunday, I wasn’t expecting to be the one to confirm. As we were sitting in the back greeting people, the Bishop called the missionaries to come and confirm. I can honestly say I wasn’t prepared. I didn’t know what words to say but the Lord blessed me. My companion confirmed Fernando first and I listened and then it was my turn! It was incredible as I laid my hands on his head and confirmed the Holy Ghost. The Spirit was SOOOO Strong! I can honestly say it was one of the most incredible miracles ever! I don’t know what I said in the blessing because I have NO CLUE! The Spirit of the Living God spoke through me as I gave him a blessing in Spanish! Once I was finished, everyone told me my Spanish was amazing! I have no idea how, but the Lord truly spoke thru me! I truly have a testimony of the Priesthood! It is REAL! These two boys have had a tremendously hard life, but now they want to prepare to serve missions for themselves! They have been through things you wouldn’t imagine, so the next time you think your life is hard, always remember that there are others who have it way worse! This week really strengthened me and I thank my Savior and Redeemer for the opportunity I had to baptize Eduardo!

Love
--

Elder Taylor R. Fawcett
Peru Cusco Mission



Two of our Investigators
Scheduled for Baptism in October


Elder Fawcett with
Eduardo and Fernando


Eduardo and Fernando with their
Mother and Brothers at the Church


Eduardo and Fernando's Baptism with
the Bishop and Ward Leaders


Elder Fawcett and Eduardo


Elder Iza and Fernando


Still Cold in the Morning, Member Made Me a Hat!


Scripture Case a Member is Making for Me


Zone Hike Today Around Puno




Some of the Ruins Around Puno