Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 20 - A Trying Week!!!

Hola mi Familia y Amigos;

So, this week was pretty difficult. Being a missionary is NEVER easy, but it makes it even tougher sometimes when you’re faced with things you’ve never dealt with before. This week started out really good, but then my Companion started wanting to go home. He really had a rough week and even had grand desires to end his mission and return home to Guatemala. But, I am not about to let that happen. I know that I was given the responsibility of training him for a reason. Of all the missionaries in the mission, a very unqualified and inexperienced Gringo was given the responsibility of teaching him the things he needed to know to be a missionary. Before my mission there is no way in the world that I would have been able to handle or have any idea what in the world to do. But, the biggest thing I have learned on my mission is when times get tough, to rely on our Savior and through him everything can be made better. He has given me the Strength and Patience to know how and what to say to be able to handle this new experience for me.

Throughout this week, as times have been hard for my Companion and as I have been faced with these challenges, I have learned what it means to be a True Friend. Though at times I have gotten frustrated with the situation, when it all has seemed hopeless, the Lord has helped me be able to know what to say and how to go about it. But with help from the Lord, my goal is to keep pushing him, till he finishes his training.

Despite all the rough times this week, the Lord has blessed me with some incredible experiences. One of them was as my Companion and I visited a Father of 3 little girls (Ruth, Anna, Jessica) who all have a desire to be baptized. The parents are both very less active and have NO desire for the church. The Father however is strongly against the church now. Throughout all my time with Elder Iza we tried to talk with the Father but never were able too. But this week, after much persistence we got a chance to talk with him. The lesson was incredible and the Spirit was very powerful. At the end of the lesson, he prayed and thanked the Lord for the 2 angels who had come to help him. He is now starting very very slowly to progress and we hope that by rescuing him we can get the 3 little girls baptized as well.

Another experience we had this week was when we were visiting Kevin who was baptized a few weeks ago. As we were visiting with him, his Uncle who was visiting with him for the day and also lives in our Sector, decided that he would come in and also visit with us as we were teaching the new Member discussion to Kevin.  We took the opportunity to also teach his Uncle the missionary lessons. It went really well and the Spirit was really strong and he had tears in his eyes.  I felt in my heart that I needed to extend to him the invitation to be baptized and he accepted.  He doesn’t have a date yet, he still wants to find out a few things on this timing but we will continue to work hard with him.  

No matter how tough the mission gets, I feel the Savior walking the path with me every day. Life never is easy, the mission will never be, but how can we expect it all to be easy when the best person who ever lived had it Harder than we can ever imagine? I am thankful for Him and know that through Him ALL will be and can be possible!

I love you all very much!

Love,


Elder Fawcett


                                                                  When it Rains in Puno!!

A Few of My P-Day Ties!!!


Eating Pizza in a Members Pizzeria!!
Elder Sarceño and Elder Fawcett






This Ones for Grandpa!!!
Sheep in Peru!!!





Willy Made this to use as My P-Day Bag
















Photo Album for my Mission Pictures