Monday, November 6, 2017

Week 69 - Little Friends Living Inside of Me!!!

Hola,

Sure loved this week a whole lot. Despite a few setbacks, I loved it a lot. First off, some big news that I got this week is that I found out why I have been so sick lately. After going through a few tests I found out that I have some new friends living inside of me…PARASITES! I honestly have never had my stomach hurt so much in my life. The good news is that I have some pills that seem to be helping things get cured. So no need to worry about that, I am just grateful to know that I am getting better! Although I never expected I would ever have little friends living inside me, again.

The highlight of the week was definitely Saturday because we had the baptism of Billy, José, and Juana. It was such an incredible experience for us to be able to see as Billy entered into the water and as he came out because he had the biggest smile on his face. The chance we have as missionaries to not only invite others to come unto Christ but also see them make a Covenant with our Heavenly Father is something that I will never forget. Billy was so ready to be baptized and honestly the experience to baptize him was very spiritual for me. It was also equally special for me to have to opportunity to baptize José and Juana. They are such incredible people. As José emerged from the water, the Spirit was so strong and I knew without a doubt in my mind that there were so many of his family members celebrating in Heaven that day because he had finally accepted the truth into his life at the age of 86. The experience was one of a kind but the experience that I had baptizing his wife was even more special.

So like I mentioned last week, the Hermana Juana is ill with an illness that basically has made her lose her memory all the way and made her go back to the state of a child. After getting permission, I was asked to baptize her along with her husband. Before entering the font to perform the ordinance, we offered a prayer because we were not quite sure how she would react to entering the water. After the prayer, I commenced to carry her into the water to baptize her. Immediately as we touched the water she began to freak out. She immediately wanted to get out but her husband told us to keep going. As we got into the center of the font she began trying to leave and then I got the prompting to give her a blessing. So I placed my hands on her head and blessed her to be calm and still so that we could perform her baptism. It wasn’t a moment after I said amen that she calmed down completely. We were then able to baptize her and I carried her out of the water. This experience taught me something very powerfully in the aspect that I have realized how important baptism is for everyone. This is a women who is in a state of innocence. A state in which she doesn’t understand right from wrong. But it was just as necessary for her, as it was for our Savior Jesus Christ who was perfect in every aspect. Perhaps the part of the baptism that was the greatest miracle is after changing, Hermana Juana came back into the room and immediately started repeating the word Angel in Spanish. I know without a doubt that on this very special day in the middle of Cusco Perú, the Lord´s Angels were present.

Other than that, this week we had an incredible experience with our new investigator named Pedro. He was the taxi guy that I invited to church and came last week. In our visit this week he was super excited to learn about the Gospel. He seemed to accept everything that we said and although we are just starting to teach him, I know that the Lord is preparing him each and every day so that someday he can also make a covenant with our Heavenly Father to be baptized into his Church.

Also our new convert, Billy, is currently preparing to receive the priesthood very soon and has already seen the blessing of it in his life. He was very ill the day that he was confirmed and I had the chance to give him a blessing and bless him that he would be able to heal quickly and be able to have the strength that he needed. As we took our hands off of his head, he was healed miraculously and I know that our Heavenly Father is already preparing him to receive the priesthood for himself.

Finally, in closing this week I had an interview with President Herrera in which he told me that my time in the office has come to an end. I was informed that tonight I would receive an office “kid” ( President wants to surprise me with who it is, so he hasn’t told me yet, I will find out when he gets off the bus) as they say and train him to be the new financial secretary for the mission. I will be training him for the next 3 weeks of the change and then be off to my next adventure in the mission. President told me how proud he was of the work I have accomplished here and told me that I have helped him learn a lot. I am so grateful for the time that I have had here in Cusco and for the chance that the Lord has blessed me with to be able to serve in a way that I never imagined I would. I know that there is a reason why I was called to this position and at this moment, I personally am not sure why I was the one to be called. But I know and have a testimony of that the Lord works in ways that we sometimes don’t understand until later. For some reason I was needed here at this time to be able to serve with my Mission President and to help all of the missionaries in a way so very differently. I am grateful for it and I know that even though I don’t know the reason now, sometime it will be brought to my knowledge as to why I was here. I love you all and hope that you all have a fantastic week!

Love,

Elder Fawcett


Ya Gotta Laugh at Life!
Yep I Got Parasites, Again!


Elder Pinedo and Elder Fawcett,
Before the Baptisms


Sisters Adams and Aquino, Ward Mission Leader
Hermano Villavicencio, Elders Pinedo and Fawcett








Elders/Sisters and Chasqui Ward Members
at José, and Juana's Baptism 








Elders and Chasqui Ward Members
at Billy's Baptism



Sister's / Elder's with José, Juana and Billy








Baptisms with Ward Members











Elder Fawcett and Billy Before






After Baptism







Elder Fawcett and José





Sisters Aquino & Adams, Elder Fawcett and José



Juana Entering the Font






Juana's Baptism