Monday, November 13, 2017

Week 70 - The Lord Is Willing to Bless Us With Miracles!

Hola,

It was quite the eventful week for us down here in Cusco. First off I just want to inform you all that I received my office child last Monday! His name is Elder Larsen and he is from St. George, Utah. We have been working really hard and he has been learning all of the many things that I have to teach him. In total, I will only have 3 weeks with him so at this point I only have 2 left until I have my change and leave the office (I still don’t know where too yet). He is learning very quickly and at the same time we have been working hard with some of the people we are teaching. So with that, that brings us to some stories for the week.

First off, I just want you all to know how much the Lord is willing to bless us with miracles. This week we went out and found this awesome new family to teach. We were leaving the church one day when a man came up to us and said “Hey what is going on here?” We responded and told him that we were missionaries from the church and we were heading out to go and teach people about Jesus Christ. Turns out that’s exactly what he was looking for because as soon as we mentioned that, he told us that he wanted us to go and visit his family. So just like that we got a new family to teach. Although I know I probably won’t be here to seem them progress all the way to their baptism, I know that the Lord used me as his hand to help bring them into the correct path in their lives.

This week we also talked to our recent convert Billy, about missionary work. After we began talking about it he got really excited and he told us that he wanted to present us to the rest of his family of about 4 along with one of his good friends. Not only that but we also explained to him that after he completed his first year as a member of the church, he could also become a missionary just like us. He sat there and thought about it for a minute and he told us that he had never realized that he could someday be a missionary as well. He said it was something he would love to prepare to do. With that being said, he told us that he would be preparing for the next 11 months or so to be a missionary. This week Billy also will be receiving the Aaronic Priesthood and being ordained a Priest so we are very excited to be able to participate in that ordinance for him as well. It truly is incredible to see someone begin to make decisions that will not only change there life now, but forever!

Now for a really neat story. Honestly I never thought that this would happen to me but we were in the middle of the Plaza and we were approached by some tourists. They told us that they were from England and asked if we were the Mormon Missionaries. We told them that we were indeed the Mormon missionaries and asked if they had ever had the opportunity to listen to missionaries before. They told us that they had never talked to them but had noticed them back home in England along with other various parts of the world. We then began to explain what we did as missionaries and why we were all over the world. They seemed really interested and I wanted to give them a copy of the Book of Mormon but sadly, I don’t carry and English copy with me due to the fact that I have never thought of needing one. So instead I took their information and have passed the reference along to the missionaries that serve near where they live. But, the good news is that it taught me a lesson about always being prepared with a copy of the Book of Mormon in English, so from now on I will always have one in my bag as well.

I am so grateful for all of the incredible experiences that I have on a daily basis here in Perú. Although I know that I am far from perfect I know that the Lord is blessing us in so many ways as we strive each and every day to bring this gospel to all of the people that we come into contact with. Although I know I will never see many of these new investigators begin to change their lives and become members of this church, striving to do my best each day is very important because I know this work is not about me. It is a greater work for the benefit of others. I love serving the Lord and helping in perhaps a small way to bring others into the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you all and hope that each of you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Fawcett

Eating Out With the Replacement Office Elders
Elder Larsen is the One With Blonde Hair

The First Giant Christmas Tree I Have Seen in Over a Year!!!