Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 90 - Popping Fish Eggs

Hola,

Another great week. This week was highlighted by the fact that we had Zero Electricity or Water for 5 of the 7 days this past week. To bathe we put buckets out to catch cold rain water and to see in the dark house we used candles. It was a pretty interesting experience and it took an entire day to be fixed once the Landlord got back but we thankfully have electricity and water again. It was pretty much like glorified Peruvian camping but it was fun either way. Other than that, I really enjoyed watching General Conference. It was incredible to listen to our Prophet and hear him talk about something that I have learned so much about throughout my mission, Personal Revelation.

This week we had divisions and I was able to go out with my old Companion, Elder Pinedo, to work in his area and to meet some people that he is currently teaching. It was a cool experience to go out and teach with him again. My Companion and I found a really interesting new investigator this week named, Edgar. As we were out contacting, I noticed a man who looked familiar. As we got closer I knew that I had seen him before. After talking to him I found out that he is the brother of a member from my first area who was the Elders quorum President. After talking a bit more, I also found out that not only did I know his brother but I knew him because I had taught him about a year and a half ago with his brother in my first area. It was an interesting experience but I am looking forward to working with again.

We also continued to teach Marcia this past week. She is progressing very well and we are hoping to have her baptism very soon hopefully. Along with Marcia, Lucy and her son Dominic are also progressing very well. They have a lot of questions for us and are always interested in what we are teaching them.

This past week we also found a great new part member family we are teaching. The mother is a member, but her husband and daughter are not. We have been working on teaching them but so far only the daughter, Rosey, is progressing well so far and even came to conference. Luis, whom we have been teaching for a while, also was able to attend and stated that the Spirit was incredibly strong as he was heard the prophet speak.

This week I also had another interesting food experience, although this time it was thankfully not rodent. Since this past week was holy week, a lot of people with a Catholic background cook some very interesting dishes. One of these dishes I had the chance to eat in the home of a member. Once again, an interesting bowl of soup was placed in front of me. It smelled very interesting and as I began to eat it, I noticed little egg looking things inside. As I finished my stomach began to hurt and I asked what the soup had in it. I was informed that it had fish guts along with fish eggs. Now I have had fish guts before with no problem but as I ate the fish eggs, they “popped” inside my mouth and honestly it was all I could do to swallow them. Now at that point my stomach already was hurting but as we left the house, I had a nice pleasant experience vomiting in the middle of an alley way. Luckily no one saw me and I was alright. Just when I thought I had tried everything here, I tried another very interesting traditional Peruvian Plate.

In closing this week I just want to state how grateful I am for living Prophets. I personally took so much away from General Conference but my favorite talk was by President Nelson. Personal revelation is something that has helped me every single day throughout my mission. So many times, I feel the Lords Spirit guiding me and helping me to know what it is that I need to do. Although I am imperfect, the Lord has blessed me as I have strived to have the guide of his Spirit. Personal revelation is something we all must have in our lives and I know that if we follow the Prophet’s council to strive to receive it in our lives, we will be guided to know what it is we must do. I love you all and pray you each have a great week.

Love,

Elder Fawcett


Our Stake Volleyball Tournament, Our Ward Took First Place!

Seat Cover in a Taxi Cab I Took This Week!