Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 18 - End of My Training, Big Changes!!!

Hola mi Familia y Amigos,

Hi everyone! This week was really crazy with it being my very last week of my training. And so my companion and I worked really hard and taught a lot of lessons. But first things first, today we had a “reunion of changes” and I got my change. I am actually going to be staying here in Puno for quite a bit more time. I’ll explain more about me later, but my companion is going to Cusco and is going to be serving in one of the hardest sectors in the mission. There is only like 20 members in his Ward that he’ll be serving in. So he’s going to a really hard sector. 

For me, I got some news that really kinda blew my mind! Cause I just really wasn’t expecting it. I don’t really know if I’m really ready for it. But today the Zone Leaders called me up to the front of the room and they’re like, “alright, Elder Fawcett you’re going to Train,” and so I’m going to be training a new missionary out of the MTC and I was also asked to be a District Leader. So, I’m going to be training and I’m going to be a District Leader this next change. And so I’ll train for two more changes here in Puno, so I’ll be here for three more months. Cause changes are six weeks, so I’ll be here about three more months. I’ll pass Christmas here. So yeah, I’m training and I’m the new district leader and that’s really crazy for me because I don’t know. I don’t know if I’m ready for that and I don’t know if my Spanish is good enough to do that. But it’s not normal for Gringos to train after their training. Because I just literally barley finished my training and now I’m training and it’s not very common for that to happen. It’s not common at all. It’s only me and Elder Haws from our big group of ten missionaries of white Gringos who are training. Elder Haws is my buddy who lives with me, he’s training too. And he’s also a District Leader. So he and I are both going to get through this together. And yeah, so that’s the news for me. I’m pretty nervous! I am honestly really stressed out right now. 

But anyway, everything was good this week and we got a lot of work done. I’m hopefully going to have a baptism this week. We are having a baptism this week. That will be pretty cool if everything works out with that. I’m just really nervous right now honestly for everything. Tomorrow I go back to Cusco and I’m there till Thursday. My new companion will come and I’ll got into a room and they will say,” Hey Elder so and so you’ll be going with your trainer Elder so and so.” So, that’s what’s going to happen with that.  I’ll get my trainee this week, so next week I’ll let you know who I am training.

Anyways, I would just like to say that I have had the absolute best Trainer! I can honestly say that I’ve learned a whole lot from him. Today was/is our last day together and this morning he did something that really was incredible and really meant a lot to me. I learned something new. My companion when he got to the mission, the old Mission President, President Harbertson, told Elder Iza that he was going to train. In his interview on the first day! He told him that he was going to train after he finished his training. President Harbertson gave him his suit that he was wearing in the interview. His pants and suit coat and told him that he was going to be a great missionary and he was going to train a missionary. And that missionary happened to be me. Today Elder Iza gave me his suit that he got from President Harbertson. I didn’t want to take it from him and I fought him really hard. Anybody who knows me, knows that I wouldn’t do that. I wouldn’t take his suit that the President gave him. But he gave it to me and said that he wanted me to have it and he said he’d be really offended if I didn’t take it from him. And he was just going to leave it here in our house if I didn’t take it. He’s like take it or else I’m going to be really offended. I’m your trainer and I’m going to give it to you. He told me to be a good trainer too for the missionary that I’m training. So that really meant a lot to me. The whole time I’ve been trying to figure out why he was my trainer. I’ve really learned a lot from him, but the biggest I’ve learned from him is to Love everyone no matter who they are and to just try every day to Work as Hard as you can. You know I’ve really learned a lot from him and I’m really thankful for him and I’m really thankful for everything. I’ll always remember the things I have learned from him. I’m really excited for this new adventure that I’m going to start tomorrow. 

I love you all so very much! Thank you so much for all your support!

Hasta Luego!

-- 

Elder Taylor R. Fawcett
Peru Cusco Mission

Letter From the Mission President

Dear Elder Fawcett, Taylor Richard, 

First of all, I want to Congratulate you on this call that comes from God. This is a special order. The Lord has seen your heart and service disposition and although you are not perfect, He gives you the opportunity to serve Him like you have never done before. You will have the opportunity to serve as District Leader and Trainer for a new missionary in the Inca Pachacutec area of the Chanu Chanu District of the Central Puno Area. 

It is a great privilege and I am very happy for it. I want to invite you to give your all. There is much to do in this work and through this letter I want to express my gratitude and trust. You will be an instrument in the hands of the Lord not only to bless the lives of researchers, but also members and missionaries. 

I ask you to assume this responsibility with much HUMILITY and simplicity of heart. To whom the Lord calls, the Lord enables. He will greatly bless you as you do your will with encouragement and obedience. Once again, congratulations and successes in this great responsibility. 

Sincerely, 

President Henry Herrera


Our Penchanista's Dog "Nigga",
Follows us All Over



Not Quite Like Bowman's!!!
Rico's Pan, a Bakery in Puno


Typical Peruvian Food














Potatoes Native to Peru, in Soup








Ketchup, Peruvian Style... Little Different



Wattery Chunyo Soup


Fruit Juice, Really Great When Its Mangos!!







Ward Activity








Various Ward Organizations Prepared Dances 







Food


More Food







Activities





And More Dances



For Different Countries of the World








Gift of President Harbertson's Suit



Farewell to My Trainer and Friend Elder Iza!!!!