Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 46 - Christ and His Atoning Sacrafice

Hola,

This week was great! It seemed like a bunch of really interesting things happened this week! First off, I just want to tell you some really interesting stories from the week!

This morning I woke to hear people screaming and rioting outside, so as we all rushed to see what was happening out the balcony, we were amazed to see thousands of people in the street rioting about something! At first we couldn’t really figure out what was going on but then as we saw a bus passing by, we were shocked to see what happened next. As we watched, probably a 100 people got the bus to stop in the road and ended up taking it over. They hoisted a flag out the window of the bus which I guess meant that they are upset about something with the transportation around here. I am not really sure to be honest, but it sure was really interesting to see people literally take over a bus and drive it away.

Also, this week we seriously found golden family to teach. We were at a Ward activity when a member pointed us over to one of her friends and told us to contact her. As we walked up, we were greeted by women, her husband, and their son. As we began to talk to them, they immediately asked us if we could visit them during the next week. They also just told us randomly that there son is turning 8 in August which I found incredible since they randomly just told us that out of nowhere. Long story short, we have a visit tonight (Monday) which I am really looking forward too!

As well this week, I was able to meet an incredible family from our Ward. I am not sure if I have said it before or not, but each Sunday we are invited to eat lunch with a different family in the Ward which has been one of my favorite things so far about my new Sector here. This particular family was the family we ate with this past Sunday and I have to say it really was such a great time. They have a little boy and girl that were so excited to have us over and as we visited with the family it was really interesting because the father commenced to tell us about his love for farming and asked me if I had ever ridden a horse. I told him that I had ridden a horse several times since I was a baby with my Parents and Grandpa and that my Grandpa’s family owned a large ranch with a lot of cows and thousands of sheep.  That proved to be a really interesting conversation because he knows people that have worked in Utah as Sheep Herders. He isn’t quite sure where but I thought that was really cool!

Finally, in closing I just want to share one of the big highlights from the week. As I was put in the street one night walking home from the Pension I had this man walk up to me. He asked me who I was and who we represented. I told him we were Missionaries and representatives of Jesus Christ. As we got talking to him he told us about the hardships he had faced in his life and how he didn’t really know if he believed in Christ anymore. As we spoke I felt a genuine love for this man and knew with assuredly that our Heavenly Father loves him.  We ended up contacting him, but unfortunately he lives in another Sector so I had to pass the reference. As we walked away however I looked back at him and it was like I saw him in the future standing in all white, ready to be baptized.

I am so thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ and for his Atoning Sacrifice. Through the difficult times in my life and throughout my mission I have truly learned what it means to rely on Him and his Atonement completely. He understands any difficulty or trial each of us may face in each of our lives because he suffered for all of it. I love him and am so thankful I am able to rely on his Atoning Sacrifice each and every day of my life. I love each and every one of you and pray for all of you each day! Have the best week!

Love,

Elder Fawcett


Overlooking the City of Cusco















Houses are a Little Better Than Previous Areas















More of the City of Cusco












Picture of Cuscos From Mission Office












Cusco Has Tons of Ancient Ruins













These Ruins are in My Zone















Mission Tag Selfie
Looking over Cusco







4 "Departments" or "States
that Make the Cusco Mission