Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 79 - The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways!

Hola,

What a week full of some incredible miracles. To start I just want to tell you about what happened with Luis! Now I know that last week I said that he was having some difficulties and we were forced to stop visiting him, well this week it all changed completely! I will not go into the details of it but let me just say that I have always known that the Savior has the power to do anything, but the fact that such a great change occurred in Luis is too me unexplainable. It is simply a miracle. We had a super powerful lesson with him this week and let’s just say that the lesson ended with us inviting him to be baptized and setting a date for him to have this ordinance preformed. He accepted and we are currently preparing him to be baptized here in a few weeks!

That’s not the end of the miracles for the week! Every week we have a Family Night with our Ward in which we invite investigators to and this week Luis came and introduced us to one of his good friends named Juan Carlos. Juan Carlos is awesome! The very first visit we had with him was great and everything we taught him made perfect sense to him. After he asked to have a tour of the Church so we showed him around and when we got to the baptismal font he was very interested and asked if it was possible for him to baptized. We told him Yes of course and tonight we have a visit and plan on putting a date with him as well!

Also this week we had a visit with Milder and it was awesome. Since he owns a barber shop he competes with other barbers who work nearby. Let’s just say a rival barber passed by his shop right before we arrived and told him that his barber shop was worthless and that his was better. Now I know it sounds silly but it made Milder really upset and he wanted to go and beat the guy up that insulted him. It was at that moment that we arrived. We were able to talk to him for a while and explain to him that Jesus Christ always turned the other way when people insulted him. He understood and at the end he got really emotional and thanked us for always being there and for always being his good friends.

We also had another amazing experience this week when an older member from our Ward gave us a call on Sunday night and asked if we could give a blessing to his neighbor who had been ill for quite some time. We immediately went and were presented to his neighbor and his wife. We explained to him what a blessing was and that he needed to have faith in the Savior in order for it to work. He understood and we gave him a powerful blessing. At the end of the visit we were invited back by him and his wife and this coming week we are planning to have a visit with the two of them.

President Herrera came down for interviews this week as well and it was great to see him and his family again! It has been strange not seeing them as much as I used too when I was in the office.

In closing this week, I just want to bear testimony that I know that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father work in ways that we cannot understand. It has been extremely difficult for my Companion and I lately but this past week everything seemed to begin to turn around. I know that miracles do happen. Sometimes they occur when we are least expecting them too and in ways that we never thought they would. The Power of the Priesthood is real and I know that being a holder of it is a blessing and I am thankful for each and every day that I have to worthily exercise it and to work as the Savior would work. I love you all and pray that you each have a great week!

Love,

Elder Fawcett



                                                                    Traditional Dancing in Peru! 

Drawing Pictures in Primary
Yea, I am No Artist and
We Got Sister Missionaries in the Area!







Catholic Cathedral in Manco Capac
.
.